Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bpellinAdminbpellin (Admin, KeePassDroid) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fr33z0n3rfr33z0n3r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

woohoo! v2 write access! Thanks Brian! I may have to donate again! I'm guessing you have made lots of users happy with the newest version! Keep up the great work!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's understood that it reads the v2 databases. The fact of the matter is that users with this app shouldn't have to run to a desktop to add or change data.

Sooner or later support for the 1.x version of KeePass will end and this app will start to die off with it unless the developer, uh, develops. And needing to add version 2.x R/W support will become needing to add 3.x support.

My opinion - he did this app on the side out of need, decided to put it on the market, and has little time or intention on doing much more with it. There's nothing wrong with that - development is taxing and time consuming and people have jobs & lives. I'd love to develop for Android, but I have zero free time to do so.

My issue is that he keeps telling everyone he's working on it. If he thinks it's going to take a year, he should just say so. If he really has no intention on 2.x support, he should say so.

As for me, I'll use 1.x on the desktop as long as I can, or until a better password manager comes along with an Android counterpart. For now, KeePass desktop still seems to have more flexibility, security, and functionality than most other commercial products out there.

• dbareisdbareis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be fair it does now support read only access to v2 databases including the advanced fields, I too want write access but haven't got the time to help develop it (can't remember if open source or not).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, this post is from september 2009! "This is on my list, and I will get to it, but is is a lot of work, so I will probably try to finish up a few smaller things before I get to it." A lot of time for finishing up a few smaller things. A road map would be fine. Will v.2 databases ever be supported?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got a new phone and upgraded to the new KeePassDroid version. No more adding or editing??? What good is a password keeper if you can't ADD or CHANGE a password on the fly??? I don't always have a computer sitting in front of me. PLEEEASE...put that feature back in. Otherwise, I'm going to have to switch to another app.

PS: love the new integration/cooperation with Dropbox. At least there is one step forward after two steps back.

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My ignorance is showing - what's this Version 2 database debate about? I have keePassX version 0.4.3 on linux and KeePassDroid version 1.9.18.3, both using the same encrypted data file and it works great for my purposes. What are the missing/needed features?

• hugohugo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KeePassdroid is great, it just misses the support for v2 databases. As I am moving from Windows to android, i would be ready to pay for the app.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KeePass v2 looks like exactly the password program I want to use...

Except for Android read/write access. Dropbox/cloud support would be ideal, but I'd even accept manual sync.

I'd be happy to pay for the app.

Last comment from the developer that I have found on this subject was in the google group at: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/keepassdroid-discuss/u7iw8IAnIgY

His comment on 9th October 2011 was

"2.x write support is coming. Although, I can't promise any dates for
        when I'll finish it. I haven't been able to find much time to spend on
        KeePassDroid for the past several months, but things are stabilizing
        and I hope to get back into it more seriously, soon."

Please bring support for 2.x databases AND sync by FTP.
        Please locate the app in german too.

• EndjinNEndjinN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea and would pay for kdbx wr support, great product. Thanks.

• ArjandeKArjandeK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support this idea, especially while I use Linux on my laptop. Keepass 1.x is not supported on Linux, so I currently cannot get read+write access on all my platforms used. I'd be willing to pay for the app with 2.x write support. Hope this motivates a release on short notice.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking for full v2 format support (editing as well as read). Any Any I'd pay for this if it were available. Any timeline?

• JaneyJaney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Keepass/Keepassdroid, but would also gladly pay for a version that supports kdbx files. Yes, I can export from version 2 in version 1 format and then import the version 1 file on my phone, but what a pain!

• Jason WrightJason Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's taken way too long to see write support for the v2 database. Is this even on the radar? Seriously, it's like two years. Can someone suggest some other password management tools that can sync cross platform? (like keepass + dropbox)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base