I suggest you ...

kdbx file on a server store and open.

kdbx the file (not dropbox, but to a private server) on a server store and open.
I use KeePass on many computers, only on my Android Use a missing url.
That would be worth a donation to me personally;-)

208 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13RDX473 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Myles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be REALLY useful and having a synchronized database on Android would be much more convenient.

• alann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been asking for the functionality to open a kdbx file via https for a long time. To me this functionality is much more important then being able to write kdbx files. Please let us know if you intend to ever provide this functionality.

• Paul Bonham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would donate money to help develop this.
        My company policy will not allow access to could based drives.

I use the ftp/sftp updates on the windows applications and have to import this db to my phone weekly.

• MattC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I host my KDBX files on an FTP server. It would be nice if your app could open them directly from the FTP URL like the desktop version does. (ftp://myurlhere.com/mykeepassdb.kdbx)

• Martin H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second all previous comments! I have similar situation and use Keepass all over the world on my business trips. Miss it in my Android machine a lot :'(

• Heinrich Diebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I store my keepass db file on my own server too. From all other machines Windows Linux I access the db by use of a SSL encrypted WebDAV session. Missing this with keepassdroid is bitter and prevents me from really using keypassdroid at the moment. I don't want different databases on different devices.

• Ben Tyger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same scenario. I use Linux machines, Windows machines, and an Android based phone with keepass. I have a workaround for this. I put the my keepass db file on Dropbox. For added security, I also encrypt my keepass DB file with a key. The key file never gets put on dropbox. I then put the key file on the trusted machines. This way if my dropbox account get hacked, my keepass DB is safe (excluding a database security bug).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! The Windows version of Keepass supports the use of WebDAV to store a password database on a remote system (and supports the use of a SSL encrypted WebDAV session). Surely there are some existing open source webdav libraries you can use (i.e cadaver) to make your life easier.

please implement this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base