I suggest you ...

Add a "keyboard" so it's easier to input passwords

Copy/paste is a bit arduous, but if you install a KeePass keyboard whose only use in life is to fill in the user/pass fields (or just the pass field) that would be great.

143 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Oliver KötterOliver Kötter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Tini Password does it really nice. You call the virtual keyboard, fill in user and password and then the former keyboard is activated again, e.g. SwiftKey

• Mr. FreezeMr. Freeze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might be answering my own question - but on the Swiftkey website - it indicates that it does not suggest password or other data in forms.
        I still would prefer to use a hardened/dedicated virtual keyboard - one - where I could be more confident that my keystrokes are not being intercepted. After all - your Keepass port is guarding the keys to my kingdom. Highest Regards, Doug

• Mr. FreezeMr. Freeze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too use a fantastic third party keyboard solution (Swiftkey) - but therein may also lie the problem. It uses Intelligent Text Prediction - so I'm concerned about my keyboard "seeing" (and recording) the first few letters/numbers of my password and then filling in/or suggesting my full password. Was hoping for a dedicated KeePassDroid "Virtual Keyboard" that must be used in order to enter the initial password to unlock the database. I'm not sure if this is the same or different than what is being suggested and voted on - here. Would be happy to open another wish list item - if you believe this is a different request.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually struggle to identify how to paste from the clipboard after the username and PW have been copied there. Development on this end would be highly appreciated.

• cece74cece74 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is really the killing feature I am waiting for!
        Also safer than copy paste.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do that, please make it optional. I use a third-party keyboard application for everything and prefer to keep the keyboard consistent across all apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base