I suggest you ...

remember keyfile when opening through dropbox

i use a keyfile to lock my database (db on dropbox server, keyfile saved locally).
when opening the db through the keepass app, it remembers the location of my keyfile.
when opening through dropbox, i have to enter the path to the keyfile each time, which is a pain in the ....
it would be great if keepassdroid could rmmber the path to the keyfile in teh second case, too.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason RoysdonJason Roysdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of right now, KeePassDroid does remember the last Key File used. It also has a Settings-Application option to disable this feature (which I've done, to make it harder for someone to know which of a dozen Key Files I have is the correct one for each Database).

• MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched from pw-only security to combined pw-and-key security, and now have the same issue -- having to locate the key file again and again is painful.

My usage pattern just involves a single kdbx file, so I'd be fine if KeePassDroid just remembered the last key file. Of course a more general solution could remember the key file associated with each .kdbx file in the recent file list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base