I suggest you ...

Ability to load keyfile from URL

I'd like to be able to load the keyfile from a URL, that way I don't need to have the keyfile and the database both stored on my device. This will increase security.

Desktop KeePass 2.0 application will load a keyfile from URL (but then accesses it from browser cache directory).

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adam howardadam howard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • vcsvcs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a very similar request called "kdbx file on a server store and open."
        May I suggest that we all focus our votes there?

• Jason RoysdonJason Roysdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see how using a public network to access your Key File (which is essentially part of your password) enhances security. Yes, it removes the Key File from your local device, but I'd hope you have a way to wipe your device anyway.

I recommend using Rsync 4 Droid to get the file from your own server just before you use KeePassDroid. When done, delete the Key File (or better yet, have a second Rysnc 4 Droid profile which syncs in a bogus Key File). At least this way you are using your own pre-shared SSH keys (transmitted ahead of time via a trusted method) and not vulnerable to an eavesdropper getting your Key File.

• pOpYpOpY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont want to "share" my password file to any cloud!!!
        You dont know where your data is stored!

pOpY

• Bobbie HodgettsBobbie Hodgetts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I typically use dropbox to synchronise the keepass database across all my computers. dropbox can give a file a url, +1 forf keepassdroid to load the db from the url! Great software btw!

• pOpYpOpY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also an FTP support (like on desktop versions) would be nice!

thx for this great piece of software!
        pOpY

• Anon AnonAnon Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you could make KeePassDroid the default handler for .kdb files accessing it from a URL would be as simple as bookmarking that URL in the browser and downloading the file.

Feedback and Knowledge Base